A Voice over IP, otherwise known as a virtual phone number, is a real number that utilizes internet protocol technologies in call transmission. The system sideline the traditional PSTN to attach an actual number to a user. Thus, an individual could make a call using any data-enabled devices like mobile phones, laptops, or tablets without having to change their SIM.
With a VoIP, you can call anywhere at any time with any internet-enabled device.
How does VoIP work?
VoIP places all calls and chat through a standard internet connection, unlike the traditional phone system that utilizes PSTN. It also offers the opportunity to chat conferences and send instant messages to international numbers.
With these features, anyone can utilize it for their businesses or personal day to day activities. In some years to come, VoIP will become the order of the day.
How to get a VoIP line?
To get started with a VoIP, you need to find a suitable provider. The provider would assign you a number after signing up. It is often advisable to scrutinize and ensure that the assigner plans are right for you. Most of the time, their service plans are usually lesser than regular phone service.
Once you choose your suitable service plan, you can then start communicating with your loved ones and business partners.
Why you need a Voice over IP number?
Everyone who uses a VoIP phone number knows that it has several features that a traditional phone number cannot offer. Some of these benefits include:
- Accessibility: How do you feel when you miss an urgent call because you are not in the country? Would it be cool if you have to buy another country’s phone line because you want to make calls? Would you like it if you spend more because you roam your number in another country? But, with a VoIP, you can access your number and communicate from any part of the world without incurring extra charges. All you need to do is to sign in to your VoIP account and start calling.
- Flexibility: VoIP allows you to operate your number on any device. It does not restrict you to a particular line or equipment. You can even transit your conventional telephone system to a VoIP without any extra cost.
- No Device Restriction: one crucial aspect of a virtual number is that it allows its usage across various devices. Thus, one could log into the number on a smartphone and another device simultaneously. The ability to use it on multiple devices gives it an edge over traditional phone numbers.
- Toll-Free Calls: Toll-free? Yes, VoIP numbers are toll free numbers. With a VoIP, you will not incur huge expenses on your small business phone service. The ability to choose from a different geographical zone will make your company look multinational. You can also root all your many VoIP numbers to your number.
- Voice quality: VoIP voice quality is similar to that of a typical traditional phone call when there is a secure and stable internet connection. Unfortunately, if you live in an area with no active connection, you might not enjoy a VoIP.
What is a VoIP Phone System?
Based on a survey, VoIP is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. The cost price, coupled with the easy to use phone system makes it a must-have for any business person. As long as you have a phone number, you can keep calling at a low cost across the globe.
The following are the features of VoIP phone systems:
- Call Transfer: with a VoIP number, you can connect all your team members effortlessly.
- Call conferencing: Interesting thing about the number is that you can add people to a 2-way call for a conference call.
- Voice Menu: or IVR (Interactive Voice Response) is one of the most popular features. You can customize your Voice Menus by recording or uploading custom messages that are played to the caller. Typically, this message would include information pertaining to extension numbers to connect with people or departments.
- Queue: Once a call enters, every member will receive a notification at once. Any of them is capable of picking the call. Thus, this allows you to take care of several customers at a time.
- On Hold Sound: Top companies utilize on-hold music to entertain their customers when their calls are on hold. With a VoIP, a small business could be capable of providing what big companies provide
- Call Recording: VoIP allows companies to record calls with their customers for service improvement purposes.
A VoIP phone system is developed to grow your business and make your customers happy. Other benefits attached to the use of a VoIP phone system include real-time collaboration, global connectivity and incredible customer support. It is a must-have for both large and small business owners.